2016-2017 Award Recipients
- March (Shannon Zinnel, Middle School TLC)
- February (Renee Van Roekel, Lincoln Elementary Media Center)
- December (Dan Bruck, Middle School Language Arts)
- October (Bonnie Larrew, High School Food Service)
2015-2016 Award Recipients
- May (Josh Hoover, 5th/6th Grade PE Teacher Boone Middle School)
- April (Patti Chesnut, Building Secretary Page Elementary)
- March (Tricsha McWilson, Custodian Boone High School)
- February (MaryAnn Frost, Special Education Teacher Boone High School)
- January (Jeri Nerem, Transportation)
- December (Deb Prouty, Special Education Teacher Boone Middle School)
- November (Leshia Anderson, Spanish Teacher Boone High School)
- October (Heidi McPartland, 2nd Grade Teacher Franklin Elementary)
Do you know someone in your school or department who really “gets it” when it comes to exceptional customer service? If so, the Boone Community School District wants to recognize them for having a positive impact on students, staff, and parents. We are looking for a BCSD employee who has made a special effort on your behalf by performing outstanding service. ‘DORS Award nomination form is below. Once completed please return to the Boone Community School District Office.
The ‘DORS (Dedicated, Outstanding, and Respected Service) Award is presented monthly to someone in the BCSD who “really gets it” when it comes to providing exceptional customer service, which in turn results in a positive impact on everyone including students, parents, co-workers and members of the community.
Who Gets Nominated?
Faculty and staff members are nominated by anyone in the BCSD or community via the BCSD website, wherein a special ‘DORS Award link is provided. All nominations must include information on how the individual has provided exceptional customer service, as well as how the employee’s actions impacted the nominator. The name and contact information of the nominator must be included.
How Are Winners Selected?
The BCSD administrators and managers meet monthly representing all schools and district departments. The administrators and managers are charged with reviewing nominations and selecting a BCSD employee whom exhibits the traits of exceptional customer service.
What Is The Process For Honoring ‘DORS Winners?
Each ‘DORS Customer Service winner is recognized by the BCSD Board of Education at a monthly School Board Meeting.
Winners have no idea who nominated them, as that is kept secret from the winner until the actual School Board Meeting when the nominator is asked to join the winner.
‘DORS Customer Service winners are given specially designed ‘DORS certificates from the School Board to be displayed in their work area.
In addition, winners receive recognition in the form of an article and photo on the District Website, Facebook page, Toreador Times and in the Boone-News Republican newspaper. An annual publication highlighting all the ‘DORS winners for the academic year is also published and distributed throughout the community.
What Happens When A Nominee Is Not Selected As A ‘DORS Customer Service Winner?
Nominees not selected as ‘DORS Customer Service winners for a particular month, are held “in the pool” for a one more month. Following that time, the nomination forms of those not selected for the award are forwarded to the individual’s supervisor where they are recognized within the school or department.