To help have a resource for understanding the employee expectations for the BCSD, this Employee Handbook has been developed as a reference for employees. In this, information from documents such as the BEA Master Contract, UE Master Contract, Board of Education Policy, etc. that apply to school employees have been placed into one location as a resource. This handbook is a general source of information and may not include every possible situation that could arise. It is not intended, and does not constitute a contract between the school district and employees. It is the employee’s responsibility to refer to the BEA Master Contract, UE Master Contract, and Board of Education policy and/or administrative procedures for further information.
Expectations for Professional Conduct
Because staff conduct has the potential to either support or undermine the stated mission, vision and beliefs of the district, the EPC was developed to provide all employees with a better understanding of:
- The district’s expectations for ethical staff behavior outlined in BCSD policies;
- Their responsibilities to our community for meeting these expectations;
- The types of incidents that demonstrate a failure to meet these expectations;
- The rationale for the district’s approach to staff misconduct; and
- Their rights before, during and after any disciplinary action.
Expectations for Professional Conduct Documents
The Boone Community School District uses an online service for staff to schedule and request absences and for substitutes to schedule work. Please click the link below to login to your account.
Leave Without Pay Form
This form will need to be submitted and approved by your supervisor or building principal ten days prior to the leave date.
- Page & Lincoln Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- Middle School
- High School
- Buildings and Grounds
- Food Service
Boone Community School District hourly employees are to record work schedules using TimeClock. Please click the link below to login to your account.
Boone Education Association Master Contract
The Boone Board of Education and Boone Education Association enter into a collective bargaining agreement for all regular full-time and part-time teachers, guidance counselors, media specialists, technology specialists, and nurses.
United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 893 Master Contract
The Boone Board of Education and United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 893 enter into a collective bargaining agreement for full-time and part-time non-certified staff.
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 893 Master Contract 2016-2017
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 893 Master Contract 2015-2016
- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 893 Master Contract 2014-2015
Use the following links to change your federal or state withholding status and allowances. When complete, please submit to Teresa Ott, in the Central Office.
The Retirement Investors’ Club 403b Program
- RIC 403b Website
- 403b Program Basics
- Providers & Investments
- 403b At-A-Glance
- 403b Salary Reduction Form
- planwithease: Participant User Guide
- 403b Annual Eligibility Notice
- Wellmark Summary of Benefits & Coverage Plan A PPO 2017
- Wellmark Summary of Benefits & Coverage Plan B HDHP PPO 2017
- Wellmark Plan A PPO Coverage (FY18): Manual
- Wellmark Plan B HDHP PPO Coverage (FY18): Manual
- Women’s Health and Cancer Right Act
- Information Privacy Policies and Practices
- Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage Notice
- CHIP Notice
- Long-Term Disability Manual
- Life/ADD Manual
- Delta Dental Coverage Manual
Wellmark Information Brochures